Q&A CAN I GET DENTAL IMPLANTS IF I………?
7 February 2022
Here at Smile Designs Implant Studio, we get a lot of questions regarding dental implants so we thought we would collate these to help you find the answers you are looking for...
1. I am petrified of the dentist, can you help me?
We most certainly can, our clinic is like no other. You will arrive as a stranger and leave as a friend. Our team is dedicated to making your transformation as comfortable as possible.
As we have a small handpicked team you will see the same faces every time that you come to visit us. The team are experts in working with nervous patients and we understand that this is a daunting experience so will work at your pace to make you feel comfortable.
2. Is it painful to have dental implants?
During the procedure itself, you will not feel a thing as our clinicians will make you completely numb.
Like with any procedure there will be some discomfort post-op, this is manageable with paracetamol and ibuprofen and usually lasts for 3-5 days.
3. How long will the surgery take?
For a full mouth, surgery will take around 3 hours, for a single jaw surgery will take around 1.5 hours.
4. Can I have dental implants if I have gum disease?
Yes, you can! In fact, the majority of our patients come to us with some form of gum disease.
5. Can I have dental implants if I have receding gums?
Yes, you can! During the planning stage, our clinicians will redefine your smile line so that everything is in proportion according to your face and smile.
6. I only have 1 or 2 teeth missing, are you able to help me?
At our clinic we only perform full jaw implants, that is either an upper jaw / lower jaw or full mouth dental implants.
7. I am diabetic can I have dental implants?
Yes, you can! All we ask is that we have some medical tests done prior to surgery, making sure that you will be suitable for treatment.
8. My dentist has said that I do not have enough jawbone for dental implants, is there no hope for me?
This is why we have the 3 options of pricing, option 3 is for people who do not have enough jawbone where longer implants are placed. The only way that this can be determined is if you book a consultation where scans will be taken and our clinicians will be able to assess your case.
9. Do I have to be awake for the procedure?
No, you don’t! We also have the option for patients to be asleep during the procedure.
10. How can dental implants be placed at the same time as removing teeth?
The best time to place implants is when we are removing teeth as your body uses the same healing process after tooth removal to integrate bone to the implants.
11. I have had full mouth implants overseas and they have been placed wrong, can you help me?
The good news is yes we can! The not so good news is because you have had your implants placed overseas they may need to come out and be replaced. We will only be able to determine this following scans and x-rays where our clinicians will be able to analyse your case and see what we can do for you.
12. What food should I eat after surgery?
We suggest eating soft foods for at least 6 weeks after surgery, anything that you can mush up with a fork. Full advice will be given to you following treatment on what you can and can't eat.
13. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept debit/credit cards or cash.
Finance is also available.